I am a graduate of Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and a Michigan State Bar and U.S. Western District Court licensed attorney specializing in family law.
Since establishing my own practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, I have represented clients with their family law-related cases including divorce, collaborative divorce, child custody, visitation, paternity, and support issues.
I focused my practice on family law after spending over two decades immersed in the court system as a paralegal. I assisted attorneys and their clients in navigating the difficult, and often painful process that came with changes in family structure and responsibilities.
Because I understand how difficult family law issues can be, I am committed to educating my clients on all of their options available to them and their families, as well as on the process.
I always begin each case with the intent and hope that we can settle your case without the need for delayed and expensive litigation. I am a tranied civil mediator, domestic relations mediator, and collaborative divorce attorney. Collaborative divorce can provide fair and reasonable outcomes for everyone involved in the divorce, including the children, and reduce unnecessary conflict in the process.
However, I have a track record of providing aggressive representation in Michigan's family court system if a settlement cannot be reached. Regardless of the road your case takes, I will always provide you with personalized, quality, and affordable representation.
• Law School: Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Cum Laude
• Licensed: Michigan State Bar and U.S. District Court for Western District of MI
• Undergrad: University of Southern Colorado - Magna Cum Laude
• Completion of the Family Law Certificate Program
• Completion of the General Civil Mediator Training
• Completion of the Domestic Relations Mediator Training
• Completion of the Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
• Completion of the Domestic Violence Screening Protocol Training
• State Bar of Michigan - 2012
• U. S. District Court, Western District of Michigan - 2012
• State Bar of Michigan
• Grand Rapids Bar Association
• The Elks Club
• Collaborative Divorce Professional of West Michigan
• International Association of Collaborative Professionals
• Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan