There are times when you simply don’t require the services of an attorney throughout your entire family law case. Or, perhaps you are unable to financially afford the required retainer. It may be that you may only need help knowing the relevant law regarding a specific family law issue, or you may simply need assistance drafting documents.
With Schmitt Law, PLLC’s Limited Scope Legal Service, you are contracting for specific services, rather than hiring Schmitt Law, PLLC to represent you through the entire case. What this means to you is that you pay for only the services you need. You will know how much the legal service will cost before you start, be given a clear price before the works begins, and only pay for the service you are provided. And, you are free to meet with our office as often as you require.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A LIMITED SCOPE SERVICE?
At Schmitt Law, PLLC, we offer Limited Scope Legal Service to include the following:
- Evaluating and assessing your legal situation, and providing in-depth legal advice based off the current law in the State of Michigan.
- Providing procedural information regarding filing and serving of court documents.
- Reviewing court documents prepared by you or the opposing party/counsel.
- Suggesting documents for you to prepare.
- Drafting documents for you to file, including complaints for divorce, complaints for custody or parenting time, motions, answers, hearing notices, and other documents you may require.
- Advising you as to what to expect in your court appearance.
- Preparing you for your court appearance.
- Preparing you for a Friend of the Court evaluation.
- Helping you evaluate settlement offers.
- Assisting you in responding to settlement offers.
- Preparing Judgments of Divorce, child support orders, deeds, qualified domestic relations orders, and other documents related to the completion of your divorce.
LIMITED SCOPE LEGAL SERVICE
Schmitt Law, PLLC offers limited scope services on an hourly basis, and you pay when the legal service is provided. Therefore, there are no future invoices, or hefty retainers to be paid up front. You simply pay as you go, and only pay for the services you really need.
GRAND RAPIDS COLLABORATIVE DIVORCE ATTORNEY SERVING KENT, AND OUTLYING COUNTIES.
Laws surrounding family law can be complex. We invite you to call Schmitt Law, PLLC to learn more about how we can assist you through our Limited Scope Legal Services. For skilled legal guidance, contact Schmitt Law, PLLC online or call (616) 608-4634 to arrange a consultation.