HELP! I just want to see my kids a be a significant part of their lives without interference from the other parent.
You just want to be a parent to your children. However, the other parent does everything they can think of to make your live miserable. It’s as if they just want you to walk away, throw in the towel, and say I won’t see my children any more.
- Do you have a current parenting time order that the other parent continually violates?
- Are you constantly going back and forth with the other parent fighting to exercise your court ordered parenting time?
- Does the other parent schedule activities for the children on your parenting time?
- Does the other parent refuse to meet you at exchanges, or are they constantly late?
- Does the other parent try and control every aspect of the children’s lives, including what takes place in your household?
- Does the other parent attempt to micromanage the decisions you make during your parenting time (what the children will wear, eat, and what activities they will participate in)?
- Does the other parent attempt to cut you out of the children’s lives?
- Does the other parent fail to keep you informed about medical information as it relates to the children?
- Does the other parent fail to keep you informed about school related issues and activities?
- Does the other parent make unilateral decisions regarding the children that fall under your joint legal status?
- Does the other parent make their own rules, contrary to the court order?
- Do you feel that no matter what decisions you make regarding the children, the other parent believes it is not good enough?
- Does the other parent disparage you, your significant other, or your family in front and/or directly to the children?
- Does the other parent interfere with your holiday parenting time?
- Does the other parent dictate the terms of every facet of the children’s lives, without considering your impute?
Are you tired of the stress and anxiety you expend trying to gain rightful access to the children? Do you feel that you get no respect as the children’s parent? Frequently, parents contact Schmitt Law, PLLC frustrated that they are not being allowed to exercise their rights as a parent, or that they could not come to an agreeable parenting time arrangement with the other parent. If you are experiencing issues in your relationship with the other parent, contact Schmitt Law, PLLC to discuss your rights and options as a parent.
CHILDREN ARE FIRST. GRAND RAPIDS COLLABORATIVE DIVORCE ATTORNEY SERVING KENT, OTTAWA, AND ALLEGAN COUNTY.
At Schmitt Law, PLLC we understand that the interests of your children always come first. Whatever your situation, Schmitt Law, PLLC is experienced, sympathetic, and willing to help you achieve the best outcome for your entire family. Contact Schmitt Law, PLLC today by completing our online contact form, or calling us at (616) 608-4634 to schedule a consultation. Our office is located at 401 Hall Street SW, Suite 112D, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.